Mentoring&More began in 2008 because of a belief: everyone who aspires to higher learning deserves a chance to get a college education. If the college experience has not been a part of a family’s fabric, then these higher learning aspirations need help in becoming a reality. Colleges are expecting well-educated and well-rounded applicants, and it is our mission to ensure that our students live up to college expectations.
We began as a group of five women who chose to make a difference in students’ lives. Each of these mentors paired with one student and took an active and comprehensive part in her student’s academic and personal development, supporting them during times of struggle and opening doors for them during times of growth.
Since our inception in 2007, we have had many rewarding success stories to share!!
- Are men and women volunteers from the community
- Are interested in our future generation
- Utilize our awareness of community resources
- Encourage student growth through enrichment opportunities
- Understand the requirements of college admission
- Make a commitment to our student for the four years of high school
- Have high expectations for our students
- Are Lely High School students
- Enter our program in Freshman year
- Are highly motivated to go to college
- Seek leadership roles
- Maintain at least a 3.0 GPA
- Display a volunteer ethic
- Seek academic and personal growth opportunities
- Are on free and reduced lunch
- Are first generation in their families to go to college